- 24hrs before closing pool add chemicals (liquid chlorine, winter algaecide, etc…) to pool and circulate. Make sure water chemistry is balanced prior to closing
- Pump the pool water down 1-2 inches below the return and insert a plug into the return/jet.
- Place winter pillow in pool and secure (pillow pal works GREAT!) then place cover over pool and secure using cable, ratchet winter clips and cover wrap. DO NOT use milk jugs or chlorine jugs as this will VOID your cover warranty. Try to keep as much of the cover inside the pool as possible to allow room for cover to move and stretch. (keep 1" of water on cover all at times if possible to avoid damage to cover)
- Disconnect all hoses from equipment.
- Remove all drain plugs from equipment (pump, filter, heater, chlorinator, etc…)
- HINT: Many people place all drain plugs in pump skimmer basket so you're not searching for them in the spring!
- On sand filters place "Multiport" in the WINTER position, remove sight glass and pressure gauge.
- If possible remove your pump and bring it inside for the winter, this will extend the life of your pump. (make sure timer is unplugged and switch off breaker for the pool if possible)
- Pools with heaters remove the pressure switch which is located behind the upper panel on Hayward heaters and looks like this:
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE JUST RECOMMENDATIONS. WIND SURF & SAIL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY DAMAMGES THAT MAY OCCUR BY FOLLOWING SOME OR ALL OF THESE STEPS. ALL POOLS ARE SET UP SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT AND MAY REQUIRE MORE OR LESS PREPARATION FOR PROPER WINTERIZATION. IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO CLOSE YOUR POOL PLEASE SCHEDULE A SERVICE ONLINE.